*Feeds roughly 4 people, unless you’re really hungry or want it as a main course, (which is TOTALLY recommended)!
-5 or 6 organic red potatoes
-2 small, organic zucchini
-2 small, organic yellow squash
1 large, sweet onion
½-1 Tbsp. of garlic salt*
1 tsp. of ground black pepper*
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil*
1-2 Tbsp. of dairy-free, plant based butter (try Earth Balance Butter! It’s amazing!)*
*Feel free to add more or less of these spreads or seasonings according to your taste buds!
- Place extra virgin olive oil in a heated skillet, (keep skillet on medium to high heat during the entire cooking process)
- Add chopped onion. Cook with frequent stirring until onions are translucent.
- After onions are translucent, add in chopped zucchini, potatoes, and squash. Give a gracious stir. FYI: Make sure to chop these veggies into small cubes/ rectangular shapes. If your pieces are big, they will take longer to cook.
- Add in your plant-based butter, pepper, and garlic salt. Give it a quick stir to mix everything together.
- Place a lid on the skillet. Make sure the goodness cooking is cooked on medium to high heat, with frequent stirs. It should take around 20-25 minutes for all veggies to be soft and beginning to brown. You can check the tenderness of the veggies with a fork to be sure throughout the cooking process.
- When completed, serve immediately! If not, you’ll be missing out, but it is still good cold too. Just make sure to not burn your tongue! This dish can be eaten hot or cold and as a main course, (which I frequently do), or a side dish.
**This recipe was also featured on Cotton Branch Farm Animal Sanctuary’s blog, The Branch! Check it out here!