This raw-some, cruelty-free recipe was inspired by Julia, the wonderful woman behind the vlog, Julia Dreads. Check out her video here, (she talks about making a rawnola mixture around 0:54 until 1:30). While the recipe I use below is not the same, her video inspired the making of this recipe and introduced me to the idea of raw granola. Remember folks, please pit your dates prior to putting them in your blender or food processor, (otherwise you will be stuck sifting out date pits from your final product).
*Recipe makes around 2 servings.
½ c. organic rolled oats
¼ c. shredded coconut
6 organic dates (pitted)
2 Tbsp. flaxseeds
1 Tbsp. agave nectar
½ pineapple chunks
6 blueberries (optional)
- Add rolled oats, shredded coconut, flaxseed, dates, and agave to blender or food processor and blend.
- Place pineapple chunks, (however much you like to taste), in the bottom of a bowl.
- Pour granola mixture on top of pineapple chunks.
- Top granola with a few blueberries, (blueberries are totally optional in this recipe, but I LOVE them, so they were added for flavor and color).
- Drop what you’re doing and enjoy!
**This recipe was also published on Cotton Branch Farm Animal Sanctuary’s blog, The Branch.